Friday, October 13, 2023

Leap Back to 1992 and 1993

I pull them out of the cupboard in their unwieldy albums (the empties of which I shall give to charitable organizations, if they should want them) and scan them. They have been in no order in that cupboard; hence the jumping through time. Today's offering is from about Christmas time 1992 to June 1993. In those days, I was a member of the Choir at my parish. This particular Christmas, I think, though I am not certain, we sang Handel's Messiah. I am an alto, and not very good at harmonizing naturally, so I really had to work to keep my part (which is not the main "tune" as it were) properly managed. But what a joy whatever we sang. And those who were in the group, so few names do I now remember, except Veronica and Ginny. Veronica just passed away aged 99. Ginny is a retired physician, and we have in common that we went to the same college, a few years apart. A couple of gatherings with my father and some friends, Dad delighted to show some of his cha cha or tango steps to us all. A gathering of some parishioners and their pastor and his mother. And finally, the 40th anniversary of the ordination of the now late Msgr. George Parnassus. And, of course, a couple more shots of my sweet cats.


The choir circa Christmas 1992, my parish, St. Victor.


Dad being instructor on the proper steps with Lynn and Susan.


St. Patrick's at Una's. Dad talking to Nancy.



Getting ready to celebrate Mass on Monsignor P's 40 anniversary as a priest. In a couple of years, the priest at the lower right will be installed as the Bishop of Salt Lake City, and then in 2005 as Archbishop of San Francisco. 



The party, June 1993, in our parish hall. Msgrs. Parnassus and Niederauer. the late Michael Novarese, the late Fr. Patrick Elliot (he became a priest later), and terrific set designer Don Remacle (My Favorite Year, Coach), who did the room for us. Me, pretending to be a cook. 



Gathering at the little home of Rosalie Parnassus, summer 1993.



Trouble on the left. Hollywood on the right.





No comments:

Post a Comment