Wednesday, February 22, 2017

March 22, 1956

Dear Rosetta:

Received your letter in which you described our charming little imp.  You have no idea how anxious I am to see and hear her  I can almost visualize from your comments how she must look and sound.  You can be sure that the disposition you describe is not usual among children, and if someone must take credit for the way she is exhibiting her personality, it can only be attributed to you.  I have known since the early days of her coming that you are a perfect mother and ideally suited to the guidance of the little angel.

Today we spent a rather easy day in the field, watching a prisoner of war demonstration.  The delay in transporting us and the coffee break, plus the fact that the instructor released us early, made it a very pleasant day.

I think it is a good idea that you come to the Army Day Parade.  Perhaps you might even come to the week-end at Ft. Dix, which is in New Jersey.  I do not contemplate leaving you out of my sight in the future.  We must take all our enjoyment together from now on because. . .

I love you,

Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment